Brenda Osborne, 105 years old, that’s right you read that, 105 years old, a retired nurse who has lived through both world wars and countless other world events has revealed her key to success for living so long, getting fresh air, hard work and staying clear of men. Having just one day off in her respected nursing career was rightly so rewarded for her dedication and hard work to the job. Living in her childhood home for a staggering 93 years before unfortunately moving to a nursing home at the age of 104, Brenda was thrilled to receive a letter from the Queen of England, although being disappointed to not get an actual visit from the Queen herself. Despite not being visited by the Queen, Brenda would still celebrate her birthday in style at her nursing home and continues to conquer life one day at a time.
Shocking footage of Matador being gored 30cm deep in the butt by a bull
Bullfighting is big in Mexico as a spectator sport. However, things can go wrong and they did earlier this week when a 1,160lb bull became annoyed at Matador Antonio Romero. Romero seemed to have things in control as he goaded the animal to come towards his red cape. The bull, named Caporal, knocked Romero down and as he tried to get up he proceeded to spear Romero in the butt. Thankfully, the goring ended when other bullfighters arrived to distract the bull while Romero was taken out of the arena.
The Mirror reports that Romero was left writhing in pain after being pierced by the bull and was immediately taken to the hospital. The report also states that his injuries were described as “severe” and he had a deep wound in his rectum. Thankfully, he is still alive.
Dr. Rafael Vazquez Bayod, the doctor treating Romero, was quoted as saying, “It is serious and deep – approximately 30 centimeters. At this moment we will operate in the hospital.”
You can watch the gruesome footage below. WARNING: It’s graphic.
5 Things You Didn’t Know About Donald Trump
1. He has never smoked cigarettes, drank alcohol or done drugs. His older brother, Fred, was an alcoholic for many years and warned his younger brother to avoid drinking. Fred ultimately died from his addiction and could potentially be the reason why Trump abstains from alcohol.
2. His infamous hairdo is achieved by blow-drying his hair forward and then combing it backward.
3. He has a board game titled Trump: The Game, this monopoly-like game was released in 1989 and ultimately discontinued due to poor sales.
4. He is a germaphobe, Trump and dislikes shaking hands.
5. He launched a brand of vodka named after himself in 2006 and said it was “a superb product and beautifully packaged,” consumer did not agree and the company went belly-up.
The 10 Most Played Christmas Songs Ever!
10. Winter Wonderland
9. Ave Maria
8. Silver Bells
7. White Christmas