Hulk Hogan is, perhaps, the biggest name in the history of professional wrestling. He’s won multiple world champions while in the then-WWE and WCW and he’s a crossover star. Even non-wrestling fans know the name, Hulk Hogan.
So, why is he blacklisted from WWE? Well, he’s been persona non grata several times. When Hogan jumped to WCW in 1994, WWE would not mention him on TV unless it was a burial on commentary or a parody skit to take a shot at him. Hogan and WWE got back on good terms after WCW was purchased by Vince McMahon and Hogan was welcomed back into the fold in 2002 for a revival of the NWO.
Hogan would later jump to TNA Wrestling in 2009 and, for a short time, tried to compete with Vince McMahon on Monday nights. Hogan would eventually leave TNA and rejoined WWE in 2014 as an ambassador for the company but that was short-lived because tapes of Hogan using racial slurs surfaced via the National Enquirer in July 2015. WWE immediately took action and released Hogan from his contract and his name has not been mentioned since then.
He may be blacklisted now but I’m sure Hogan and WWE will work things out in the near future.
Eminem fires back at Machine Gun Kelly with “Killshot” diss track (listen here)
Eminem promised that he would fire back at Machine Gun Kelly and he came through on Friday with the NSFW tracked titled “Killshot.”
Your reply got the crowd yellin’ ‘Ooo’, so before you die let’s see who can out-petty who with your corny lines,” he raps. “I’m 45 and I’m still out-selling you.”
Their issues date back to 2012 when MGK tweeted that Eminem’s then-16-year-old daughter Hallie was “hot as (expletive).” MGK later said that his tweet resulted in him getting blackballed from the music industry.
The feud escalated when MGK responded in a diss track titled “Rap Devil,” days after Eminem mentioned him on the “Kamikaze” album.
We’ll see how MGK responds to this. Here is the “Killshot” track that was released today:
Norm Macdonald explains his recent #MeToo comments
Norm Macdonald is setting the record straight after the backlash he received for comments about the #MeToo movement.
Macdonald was on The View on Thursday and said that his comments about #MeToo were taken out of context. He also said that his comment about being glad that #MeToo slowing down was a reference to Chris Hardwick and that people should not automatically make a judgment on a he-said-she-said case. Macdonald acknowledged that if someone had accusations from “500 women” then “obviously the guy is guilty.”
He was also asked about his “Tonight Show” appearance being canceled in the wake of his comments. The full interview can be seen below.
Mac Miller dead at 26 of apparent overdose
Mac Miller has died. TMZ is reporting that police were called around noon on Friday to his home in San Bernadino, CA and he was pronounced dead at the scene. Their police sources believe it was an overdose.
Miller was reportedly dealing with substance abuse issues and those issues were the deal breaker during his relationship with Ariana Grande.
Miller crashed into a utility pole in May and was arrested for DUI hit and run. He later confessed at his home after running away from the cops and he blew 2 times the legal limit.
Miller was scheduled to on tour next month beginning with a show in San Francisco. He was just 26 years old.