Alan Markovitz is a strip club owner and a “local legend” in the city of Detroit. He lives with his 17 year old daughter, Tiffany, from a previous relationship.
He is the proud owner of a $7,000 bronze statue in the shape of a middle finger which is 3.5 meters tall and just so happens to face the windows of his ex-wife and neighbor, Lea Tuohy’s, house.
Photos of the statue started circulating online when Mrs Tuohy’s daughter Lenka tweeted about it. “Alan and Tiffany are the best neighbors … but ew who does that lololol #psycho,” Ms Tuohy tweeted. “How psychotic do you have to be to buy the house directly next to your ex-wife and then put a statue up like that?!?! Real classy Alan.”
Mr Markovitz says a realtor showed him the house next door to Mrs Luohy’s by coincidence. After that, “karma” took over.
Mr Markovitz has a colorful reputation and has reportedly been shot twice and targeted by a murder contract, all while buying and selling local topless clubs. His life has been turned into a autobiography modestly entitled “Topless Prophet: The True Story of America’s Most Successful Gentleman’s Club Entrepreneur”. We hear the book is even being turned into a TV series.
Mr Markovitz claims the statue is specifically aimed at Mrs Tuohy’s housemate, with whom she had an affair while they were married.
It’s even spot-lit to ensure the neighbors can see it at night.
Top Republicans break with Donald Trump after he said “3000 people did not die” in Puerto Rico
Nearly 3,000 people died in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico but if you listen to President Donald Trump, that never happened.
Yes, he really is denying that 3,000 people died because of the hurricane.
“3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000,” Trump said on Twitter on Thursday morning.
3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000…
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 13, 2018
…..This was done by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible when I was successfully raising Billions of Dollars to help rebuild Puerto Rico. If a person died for any reason, like old age, just add them onto the list. Bad politics. I love Puerto Rico!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 13, 2018
Trump said this despite the governor formally raising the death toll number from 64 to 2,976 after a study from The George Washington University.
Top Republicans broke from the President. “no reason to dispute those numbers,” said House Speaker Paul Ryan. “Those are just the facts of what happened.”
“I disagree with @POTUS– an independent study said thousands were lost and Gov. Rosselló agreed. I’ve been to Puerto Rico 7 times & saw devastation firsthand. The loss of any life is tragic; the extent of lives lost as a result of Maria is heart wrenching. I’ll continue to help PR,” Florida Senator Rick Scott said in a statement on Twitter.
I disagree with @POTUS– an independent study said thousands were lost and Gov. Rosselló agreed. I've been to Puerto Rico 7 times & saw devastation firsthand. The loss of any life is tragic; the extent of lives lost as a result of Maria is heart wrenching. I'll continue to help PR
— Rick Scott (@ScottforFlorida) September 13, 2018
Trump has continued to deny that his administration could have done more in the aftermath of the storm. Earlier this week, he praised his administration and said that his handling of the relief efforts were “an incredible, unsung success.”
Henry Cavill could still return for “Superman” role, despite rumors to the contrary
Hold your horses! The whole uproar over Henry Cavill no longer being associated with the “Superman” franchise is just an invented conflict, according to what sources told TMZ.
It is true that Cavill felt he was underpaid for the role but there has been no discussion about the future of his role because there is no active “Superman” project in the works right now.
Cavill will still be in consideration with others if and when the next movie is greenlit. Apparently, people assumed that he moved on from “Superman” after accepting a deal with Netflix for “The Witcher” but the fact is that there is no conflict so there’s a chance he will be back in the role.
Cavill posted this on Instagram:
Lebron James rips on “bum” Donald Trump after Steph Curry comment
Lebron James fired back at Donald Trump on Saturday after Trump sent out a tweet where he claimed that he had rescinded his invitation for Steph Curry to visit the White House. It’s become a tradition for championship teams to visit the White House but the Golden State Warriors have declined the offer and, after word got out on Friday that Curry did not want to go, Trump sent out the following tweet:
“Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team.Stephen Curry is hesitating,therefore invitation is withdrawn!”
Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team.Stephen Curry is hesitating,therefore invitation is withdrawn!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 23, 2017
Less than 3 hours later, Curry’s on-the-court rival wrote: “U bum @StephenCurry30 already said he ain’t going! So therefore ain’t no invite. Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!”
U bum @StephenCurry30 already said he ain't going! So therefore ain't no invite. Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!
— LeBron James (@KingJames) September 23, 2017
James has been critical of Trump in the past and supported Hillary Clinton during the election.
On Friday, Trump took on the NFL when he said that NFL owners should fire players that choose not to stand during the national anthem.
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell issued the following statement after Trump’s comments:
New NFL statement pic.twitter.com/XHPgVvPPfH
— Brian McCarthy (@NFLprguy) September 23, 2017